Mason won't be coming up for Christmas. My ex doesn't feel safe driving in these horrible conditions, especially since another storm is coming in and another 1-5 inches is expected. I totally understand his decision, if the situation was reversed, we wouldn't be making the drive either. But this will be the first Christmas in 10 years that I have not been with my son. And it hurts me to be away from him under normal conditions, so this makes it much worse.
They will be driving up on Saturday, when we are supposed to hit 42 degrees, and much of the snow should be gone. Then I will drive him all the way to Portland the following Saturday.
Then I'm going to hang out with Melissa. I haven't seen her in a long time, and I miss her. After being cooped up with the kids and Jay this past week, I need some breathing room. I think we are going to catch a movie and go to dinner, then watch 80's movies and eat Chex Mix until our sides hurt. Just like the good old days. I'm seeing Kevin Bacon and some high water prom pants in my near future!