- I hate milk. I think it is disgusting and gross. I have not consumed a glass of plain milk since I was 3 years old. I can still remember the last glass I drank and remember thinking "I really don't like this" and deciding to never ever drink it again. And I haven't. Now, I do like me some good chocolate milk and I do put it in my cereal, but I have to drain the milk off before I'll take a bite. I know, I know, crazy. But that is just me.
- Guns are not allowed in my home, around me, near me. My kids aren't allowed to be in homes that have guns. My divorce papers say my ex-husband isn't allowed to own guns while our son is under the age of 18. This is due to the fact I had a loaded shotgun put in my face when I was 17 by a drunk lunatic. Hey, at least I have a reason, right?
- Pillows on my bed must face a certain way. The opening must be going towards the outside of the bed. Period. I don't even have a reason, I just need it to be that way.
- I still sleep with my security blanket. Her name is Wooby and I came home from the hospital wrapped in it. My Nanna knitted it for me. I love my Wooby and my Wooby loves me.
- I check my e-mail at least 10 times a day, everyday. Except when we are on vacation. I have only been doing this since we have had cable internet. When we had dial up, back in the dark ages, I would only check it once a week, if that. Or I would wait until I got to work. Dial up is retarded.
- If I eat Skittles, I have to follow a routine. There is no throwing them all in my mouth all willy-nilly. I must first empty the whole bag. Then separate them into color. Then I line the colors into groups of 2. Any odds are then given to Jay or the kids. Then I will eat them 2 by 2, starting with my least favorite color. It usually goes yellow, green, orange, red, purple. Jay likes to fuck with me and steal just one from my nicely sorted piles. I must then get rid of the offending odd color immediately. He says I have OCD, I say fuck off. It's just our routine.
- I only fold Jay's underwear into nice squares, but I just throw mine and the kids underwear in the drawers. I don't know why either. It's not like one day I decided Jay's were more important. I just always have.
- I am a horrible friend maintainer. Melissa is the only person I have always managed to stay close to since becoming friend soul mates in 6th grade. Everyone else just falls to the wayside. I have picked up friendships after years of not talking, like with Amy, but I just suck at keeping up with people. And it's not like I get mad at the people and we lose touch on bad terms, I just get busy and forget to call. I am trying hard to keep up with my friends in Portland, and since I go down there often to see Mason, it gives me more opportunity to see my friends, too.
- I cannot stand being touched in my sleep. I can snuggle for awhile, but then I must move to my own space and be left alone. Jay doesn't like this, but I do, therefore, I win.
- Beer is gross. I drank enough of it in high school because it was free and flowed freely from a keg. I drank it warm, I drank it cold, I didn't care because it got me drunk. Now that I am legally allowed to purchase whatever the hell I want, I will never drink it again. Ever. Give me hard liquor any day. People keep telling me to try this kind or that, that this one tastes like pears or like chocolate; but you know what? It all tastes like beer. Period.
- I hate feet. All feet. Except my kids feet. I will kiss their feet no matter how stinky they are. Because they are my kids feet. But I can't stand anyone else's feet. I won't touch my husbands feet, either. Gag. You shouldn't take it personally, I just don't want to be near anyones feet.
- I'm not that proud of an American. I find it hard to take pride in my country when we have men and women stationed all over the world, fighting wars I believe we have no business being in. It's not our fight. I look at it as us being the bully's on the playground with the "give me what I want or I'll kick your ass" mentality. And I just think that is wrong. I pray for the men and women that are over seas. I hope they return safely to their families. We have wasted billions of dollars on the military, but our soldiers don't even have the proper equipment. Meanwhile, our kids are going through school without updated text books or enough teachers. They are cutting school days because the government has has cut educational funding. It is just wrong. But, again, this is just my opinion.
- I always Always ALWAYS lock my doors. If I go pee, I lock the bathroom door. The minute I enter the home, I lock the door. Immediately. I not only lock the main door, I lock the screen door as well. My mom grew up in Seattle, and she does the same thing. Even when we moved to Chehalis, she was just in the routine of locking the door and that is what I grew up with. It took a long time to train Jay, who grew up in Texas in the middle of nowhere, to lock the doors. They never locked their doors when he was growing up. But I will flip out if I find a door unlocked. So if you ever come over, you had better lock the fucking door. Got it.
- I think black licorice is one of the grossest flavors in the world. Ugh. The mere smell of it makes me nauseous.
- I don't like Grateful Dead music. At All. I personally think they sucked. I also don't like the Rolling Stones. I think they sucked just as bad as Grateful Dead.
- I like heavy metal.
- I refuse to wear makeup from a grocery store. I either get it at a department store or from the maker's store. Right now, I'm using Bare Escentuals, and before that it was only Clinique. Someone once stole all my makeup and my ex-husband had to drive me to get more. He was not impressed when I threw a huge fit when he pulled into Safeway and I told him to get his ass on the freeway and take me to Nordstroms. He was absolutely not happy when we left Nordstroms with $300 worth of makeup. I, however, was giddy over my free gift bag of samples that I only had to spend $100 to get. Men don't understand the need for good makeup. If you only have to apply it once a day it will last longer.
- I can't stand watching sports. I once parental blocked all the sports channels because I was sick of golf being on our t.v., my ex-husband was pissed. I took great joy in how mad he was.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Some things you should know......
There are a few things people that know me, know. It's is just common sense that they know this because I have been like this since, well, forever. And now you can know it, too. Just in case we ever meet in real life, you won't be all surprised by certain facts.