- make them a yummy breakfast that involves more than opening a box of cereal and adding milk.
- give them a bath and let them stay in until they get all wrinkly. I will add bubbles and toys and let them play their hearts out.
- bake cookies with them. Let them add both chocolate chips AND M&M's. I will let them eat the whole first batch by themselves.
- take them on a rain walk/treasure hunt. Then come inside, put on comfy warm clothes and drink hot chocolate and more cookies.
- make something with the "treasures" we found and give them to grandparents and daddy.
- have them help me make dinner. I was planning on balsomic chicken with roasted potatoes and asparagus, but instead I'll make their favorite: "fried" chicken with tons of ranch.
- watch a good fall type movie while we snuggle on the couch and eat popcorn.
So have fun at work or school. I'm going to go and enjoy my children for awhile.