Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm rad like that

Because I don't have enough shit going on in my loony bin life, I decided to take on Girl Scouts. As in, "Hi, my name is Christie and I'm your Troop Leader".

Remember, I have a little girl who thrives on social activities. She has been begging me to do this for awhile, so I finally bit the bullet and took care of it. But I'm doing it a little differently. Every girl that joins has to have a Mommy that is willing to host a meeting or 2, and take over some part of the troop. I refuse to do all the training, paper work, handling of money, meetings, badge stuff, ceremonies, etc., etc. Basically, if the little ladies want to join, their Mommy has to do offer up a skill that we need.

I'm hoping to be fully "staffed" before summer hits.

Now Evan wants to join Boy Scouts, and I have to explain to him why I will never allow him to join that homophobic group. The kids have always been taught about equality and how they are allowed to love anyone they want to love as long as that person treats them well and loves them in return. They don't understand that not everyone believes in equal rights for everyone. Why do stupid people have to make my parenting life suck stinky wiener cheese? Besides, what do they have to offer me other than Christmas tree removal? I'm going for the cookies, baby.

Now I'm off, I have a mommy to interview regarding her sewing skills. Because this mommy knows nothing. at. all. about sewing.

4 comments:

Jay Ferris said...

I sure hope there's nothing about being virtuous in the troop leader pledge...

Brooklyn said...

I always wanted to join the boy scouts.

shopgirl said...

Hi - just stopped over from Blind as a Bat - love your blog and this story - is so me - because if I did have a daughter that wanted to be in Girl Scouts? I would totally make all the other mommies help me!!

Christie said...

Jay, you can suck it.