Monday, April 19, 2010

Gray

I hate to do it again, but I need to. I just don't have the time to sit and pluck every gray hair in my head. I asked Jay to help, and he told me he doesn't have that much time (he is still suffering for that one. Fucker.). They are over-powering me, it's all I can see. Gray, gray, gray. It wouldn't be so bad if I still had blond hair, but no, it had to go and get darker the older I got. Mother Fucking Nature is a real bitch. It's time to fork out some cash and get my hair did, I guess.

On another note, I am now in my 3rd week of school and still loving it. I have my first test in Safety and Sanitation tonight, and I have total test anxiety. I haven't been quizzed on anything in over 16 years. I'm scared I'm going to run screaming from the room or break out in hives (remember to wear turtleneck to cover hives). For my Concepts and Theories class, I had to write a quick paper on Chevreuil sauce. It took longer to look it up and then have Jay tell me how to interpret it on Wikipedia than it took me to write the freaken' paper. Sometimes that guy has his uses.

The Pacific Northwest has been showing how A.D.D. it is with the weather. It's sunny, then it's hailing, then it's sunny, then it's raining with a snow mix, then it's sunny. The next day, it's in the mid-60's, and then the next day it's back to torrential down pour. Just pick something for 5 flippen minutes and stick with it, please. Can I wear flip-flops today? Who knows? Should I straighten my hair, because it's sunny? Yeah, do it. Then the heavens open up and I look like a frizzy poodle.

Yesterday, it was around 70 degrees, which rocked. We took the kids to the beach for the first time this year, which meant hiking 1 1/2 miles down a trail, which was no problem. We played on the beach for about an hour, and then it was time to head back. And I had to hike back up the hill, and by hill, I mean mountain. I had to keep stopping because I thought I was going to die. Literally. Of course, we ran into plenty of young, skinny, fit girls as I was huffing my way back, red faced and dripping with sweat. Once we got to the top, I threw myself into the car, cranked on the air conditioning and fell into a coma for 20 minutes while Jay and the kids played on the playground. When we got home, I forced myself to walk, not crawl, into the house and into the shower. I woke up this morning, tried getting out of bed, and my legs basically gave me the "what the hell do you think you're doing" kind of pain, so I laid back down and thanked every God there is that it's Spring Break in Shoreline. There was no way I was getting my broken body up and working for awhile.

There are some days I feel much younger than my 33 years, and I feel like I can do anything. Then there are days like yesterday, when I felt 133. Old, creaky, and near death. One thing is certain, I need to get in better shape. Which is what I said as I lay broken on the couch yesterday, right before I got up and made toffee bar cookies. And barbecued steak, mushrooms, and asparagus. And then ate a ton of cookies.

Here's a picture of the younger kidlets in Puget Sound. And of Jay with our daughter. Evan may look more like his Daddy, but Kenzie has his goofy sense of humor.


Jay and Kenzie posing on a cool tree.


Evan and Kenzie jumping the waves.

1 comment:

Fat Sparrow said...

Great pics!

I hear you on the hair thing, really. Mine didn't just go grey, it went white. I have yet to find a flaming red hair dye that will both cover up my white hair and not make my hair fall out.

Don't sweat the Safety and Sanitation thing, it can't be that much harder than the usual Food Handler's Cert that restaurant managers have to take for the local government here, and you should see the eejits that pass that.