Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My long weekend, in a nutshell

Friday: Picked up McLean from the train station and played Chez Geek. The only person we can play this with is McLean because it can be such a confusing game that we never can find anyone willing to sit through the directions long enough. It is much simpler to just play with someone that already knows the rules.





Saturday: Evan had his very last soccer game of the year. And of course, it rained. It didn't start raining until we got to the field, and then it just poured on us. I found out my Columbia coat is not water-proof and that my pants are WAY too long. It stopped raining the minute we pulled away from the soccer field, naturally. So we headed home to change before leaving for the Seattle Aquarium in downtown Seattle. Then we headed to the Crabpot for a quick lunch. I returned the kids and men to our house then got right back in the car to pick up Mason in Centralia. Once home, I made dinner for everyone (fish tacos) and then McLean's frat brother came over for dinner and took Jay and McLean to his house to drink and play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I played with the kids and then doubled up on the sleeping pills so I would be able to sleep through the night alone. I am such the life of the party.


















Sunday:
We didn't do anything. Well, I did laundry, cleaned the house, and made bread, but other than that nothing. I took McLean to the train station at 5:00 and came home to make dinner. And that was our weekend.

Monday: I took the kids to the park to play soccer and then we ran some errands. Library, Rite-Aid, and lunch. We also went to Hollywood Video to rent Journey to the Center of the Earth and the new Indiana Jones. Ummmm, boo to the shits that made Indiana Jones. Aliens. Really?






Tuesday: I had to take Mason home. But before we did that, we went to visit my brother, Jason. He took the kids to Toys R Us and bought them belated birthday gifts. He was this close to buying Kenzie Butterscotch the Pony (a pony the size of a Shetland pony) because she is very good at manipulation. But I convinced my brother she would not hate him if she didn't get it. She did drag him down EVERY girly aisle in the store, and I felt somewhat bad for him. She also made him carry her piggy-back style the whole day. He seemed a bit traumatized by the whole experience. Then he took us out to lunch at Red Robin, where he ate the rest of Kenzie's grilled cheese because she just couldn't finish it alone. The man was blindsided by her cuteness and mind-control. After I ditched Jason at home, we drove to Centralia, then picked up Jay.









6 comments:

Jay Ferris said...

Ah... good time with family, friends, and a glorious beard.

Angel said...

love all the pics....and Indiana Jones? BOOOOOO!!! But the other one? "Journey"? good movie. I really liked it. I KNEW there would be parts in it that wouldn't be believable....and I still liked it!

Megkathleen said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. My curiosity is peaked regarding Chez Geek - I love card games and I haven't heard of that one.

Unknown said...

Holy crap, that was the longest photo post EVA! How did Blogger let you do that without problems???

First, you look really sexy in that first pic. Seriously. :) Second - fish tacos. ADORE. You must email me so we can share our fixings secrets.
Third - your kiddos are effing precious. Seeing them and how you and Jay are so fun together... makes me itch for a family of my own.

Jill said...

Oops... Lol.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture through the side mirror. Too funny! haha

Also, could your kids be any more perfect looking? They are both just so beautiful... wow